Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics

Default Toaster, I thought it needed repair

But she said it makes good toast.

http://www.news.com.au/world/viral-i...-1226516457389

Mikek
Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics

On 11/14/2012 6:46 PM, Jamie wrote:
amdx wrote:

But she said it makes good toast.

http://www.news.com.au/world/viral-i...-1226516457389

Mikek

Would love to see that however, it would appear that the "Down Under"
Server can't handle the demand!

Jamie

I don't know why, I just clicked and it worked for me.
Mikek

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics

"amdx" wrote in message ...

I don't know why, I just clicked and it worked for me.

Worked for me too. But hardly worth the bother. This woman apparently was
trying to make tipsy toast, but applied the alcoholic spirits to the bread
before putting it in the toaster. You also get similar results if you
overcook a pop-tart. Here's how you should make tipsy toast and other
similar culinary delights:
http://www.tipsyculinaryqueen.com/20...nch-toast.html

Paul

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics

amdx wrote:

But she said it makes good toast.

http://www.news.com.au/world/viral-i...-1226516457389

Mikek

Would love to see that however, it would appear that the "Down Under"
Server can't handle the demand!

Jamie

I don't know why, I just clicked and it worked for me.
Mikek

Don't know what to say, I just tried it again and all I get is the page
with the intro of the movie. I see the woman sitting there looking at
her flaming toaster but when you decide to watch, it just sits there and
spins around "Loading" and nothing is coming in..

Oh well, most likely another tactic of my ISP.

Jamie

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics

http://www.news.com.au/world/viral-i...es-demonic-toa....

* * * * * * * * * * * * *Mikek

Would love to see that however, it would appear that the "Down Under"
Server can't handle the demand!

Jamie

* I don't know why, I just clicked and it worked for me.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Mikek

Don't know what to say, I just tried it again and all I get is the page
with the intro of the movie. I see the woman sitting there looking at
her flaming toaster but when you decide to watch, it just sits there and
spins around "Loading" and nothing is coming in..

* Oh well, most likely another tactic of my ISP.

Jamie

The bread isn't the only thing that was "toasted".....IMHO
Lenny
Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics

amdx wrote:

* But she said it makes good toast.

http://www.news.com.au/world/viral-i...es-demonic-toa....

* * * * * * * * * * * * *Mikek

Would love to see that however, it would appear that the "Down Under"
Server can't handle the demand!

Jamie

* I don't know why, I just clicked and it worked for me.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Mikek

Don't know what to say, I just tried it again and all I get is the page
with the intro of the movie. I see the woman sitting there looking at
her flaming toaster but when you decide to watch, it just sits there and
spins around "Loading" and nothing is coming in..

* Oh well, most likely another tactic of my ISP.

Jamie

Is that what happens when a 120V toaster meets 240V?
Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics

amdx wrote:

But she said it makes good toast.

http://www.news.com.au/world/viral-i...-1226516457389

Mikek

Would love to see that however, it would appear that the "Down Under"
Server can't handle the demand!

Jamie

I don't know why, I just clicked and it worked for me.
Mikek

Me too. He must be using Jorge's computer. ;-)
Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics

klem kedidelhopper wrote:

amdx wrote:

But she said it makes good toast.

http://www.news.com.au/world/viral-i...es-demonic-toa...

Mikek

Would love to see that however, it would appear that the "Down Under"
Server can't handle the demand!

Jamie

I don't know why, I just clicked and it worked for me.
Mikek

Don't know what to say, I just tried it again and all I get is the page
with the intro of the movie. I see the woman sitting there looking at
her flaming toaster but when you decide to watch, it just sits there and
spins around "Loading" and nothing is coming in..

Oh well, most likely another tactic of my ISP.

Jamie

Is that what happens when a 120V toaster meets 240V?

If you had read the page you would have seen that it was part of a 28
year old US TV news story about Supermarket Tabloids.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics

klem kedidelhopper wrote:

amdx wrote:

[...]

I don't think anyone said otherwise.
Mikek

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics

amdx wrote:

klem kedidelhopper wrote:

amdx wrote:

[...]

Then where was he going to plug the toaster into 240 V?
Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics

On Nov 15, 10:15*am, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:
amdx wrote:

klem kedidelhopper wrote:

amdx wrote:

[...]

I was just eluding to the fact that you could easily rig a toaster to
do this. I would use some jellied alcohol spread on the elements and
then with a bit of over voltage you could probably get an explosive
display like the one in the video. Nothing too technical there. Lenny
Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics

On Thu, 15 Nov 2012 10:15:13 -0500, the renowned "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

amdx wrote:

klem kedidelhopper wrote:

amdx wrote:

[...]

Just replace the line cord:
http://www.american-appliance.com/ca...gDryerCord.jpg

Nobody likes waiting for toast.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics

On Thu, 15 Nov 2012 18:20:50 -0500, Spehro Pefhany
wrote:

On Thu, 15 Nov 2012 10:15:13 -0500, the renowned "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

amdx wrote:

klem kedidelhopper wrote:

amdx wrote:

[...]

Basic kitchen tools include a hammer, some pliers, and a propane
blowtorch.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links
VME thermocouple, LVDT, synchro acquisition and simulation
Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
news

amdx wrote:

But she said it makes good toast.

http://www.news.com.au/world/viral-i...-1226516457389

Mikek
Would love to see that however, it would appear that the "Down Under"
Server can't handle the demand!

Jamie

I don't know why, I just clicked and it worked for me.
Mikek

Me too. He must be using Jorge's computer. ;-)

That's nothing - there's a woman in Rome that has a blender that blows its
top off and the spew writes "Jesus Saves" on the ceiling.:-)
Tom

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics

Spehro Pefhany wrote:

Just replace the line cord:
http://www.american-appliance.com/ca...gDryerCord.jpg

Nobody likes waiting for toast.

I haven't even plugged in the taster in 25 years. It's sitting under
the counter with a coffee maker I've never used.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics

amdx wrote:

But she said it makes good toast.

http://www.news.com.au/world/viral-i...-1226516457389

Mikek
Would love to see that however, it would appear that the "Down Under"
Server can't handle the demand!

Jamie

I don't know why, I just clicked and it worked for me.
Mikek

Me too. He must be using Jorge's computer. ;-)

That's nothing - there's a woman in Rome that has a blender that blows its

Are you going to aruge with a machine with sharp, high speed blades?
Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics

In article ,
says...

But she said it makes good toast.

http://www.news.com.au/world/viral-i...-1226516457389

Mikek

When they heard the voices from it it's probably RFI. Toaster elements
could act as rudimentary receivers if the signal was strong enough.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics

On Fri, 16 Nov 2012 21:59:19 -0500, the renowned T
wrote:

In article ,
says...

But she said it makes good toast.

http://www.news.com.au/world/viral-i...-1226516457389

Mikek

When they heard the voices from it it's probably RFI. Toaster elements
could act as rudimentary receivers if the signal was strong enough.

Must have been one hell of a lot of strange RFI to (not) burn "Satan
Lives" (in English) into the toast.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics

Spehro Pefhany wrote:
On Fri, 16 Nov 2012 21:59:19 -0500, the renowned T
wrote:

In article ,
says...

But she said it makes good toast.

http://www.news.com.au/world/viral-i...-1226516457389

Mikek

When they heard the voices from it it's probably RFI. Toaster elements
could act as rudimentary receivers if the signal was strong enough.

Must have been one hell of a lot of strange RFI to (not) burn "Satan
Lives" (in English) into the toast.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Dunno - there was a lotta Ozzy Osbourne on the radio then.

--
Les Cargill

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics

In article ,
what says...

On Fri, 16 Nov 2012 21:59:19 -0500, the renowned T
wrote:

In article ,
says...

But she said it makes good toast.

http://www.news.com.au/world/viral-i...-1226516457389

Mikek

When they heard the voices from it it's probably RFI. Toaster elements
could act as rudimentary receivers if the signal was strong enough.

Must have been one hell of a lot of strange RFI to (not) burn "Satan
Lives" (in English) into the toast.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Well - that was just embelishment on the part of the owners of the
toaster. Pretty easy to do too!

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics

On Nov 17, 12:26*pm, T wrote:
In article ,
says...

On Fri, 16 Nov 2012 21:59:19 -0500, the renowned T
wrote:

In article ,
says...

* *But she said it makes good toast.

http://www.news.com.au/world/viral-i...es-demonic-toa....

When they heard the voices from it it's probably RFI. Toaster elements
could act as rudimentary receivers if the signal was strong enough.

Must have been one hell of a lot of strange RFI to (not) burn "Satan
Lives" (in English) into the toast.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Well - that was just embelishment on the part of the owners of the
toaster. Pretty easy to do too!

You haven't seen what I can do with eggs yet. Lenny