Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Gas Cans

Sounds like a near death experience.
Twelve weeks in the burn ward is no fun.

I'm thankful that [diety of your choice]
protected you.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Harry K" wrote in message

Several years ago I went on my annual 'burn the brush piles'
expedition. Several
piles as big as you describe but as high as I could pile brush. I
was clear cutting a Willow patch so all hte brush was from the current
year and hard to start.

Method was to try to tunnel in as far as I could, some newsprint, some
good dry kindling then deisel poured on the pile above it and keep
adding diesel as the fire died down until the brush was going well..
I was working on 4 piles that day going from one to another in
rotation adding the diesel.

Pour from 5 gallon can, Whoosh! and on to the next. Never gave it a
thought that that "Whoosh!" is not what diesel does. About the 3rd go
around I looked down and saw a flame flickering from the can spout,
slapped my glove over it and took a break until the shakes quit. I
had grabbed the gas can instead of the dieel.

Harry K