Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default Mounting Conundrum, Revisited

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 15:29:41 -0800, George Herold wrote:

How about a thermal thing for control loop education?

TEC, air fin heatsink, heater as variable load, maybe a couple of
sensors. It'd be nice to have variable thermal 'lengths' in the system.
(More than $50 though I'd guess.)

George H.

I'm thinking of doing something like that next. There's not much visual
interest there (unless I can do something cool with liquid crystal
thermometers), but I think I could get it below $50 and it'd be of
interest to someone who happens to be living and breathing thermal
control when they set out to learn the stuff.

http://www.wescottdesign.com