Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_13_] Steve B[_13_] is offline

Default Gas Cans

wrote

The best source for caps and old style nozzles are cans you see on the
side of the road. Usually they have been run over and the can itself
is trash but there is a good chance the cap survived.

Durn fine tip. Thanks.

We did a HOA inspection a couple of days ago. There was a NEW plastic
oilpan that holds what you drain out of your engine. It was in the
dumpster. I dove in, and recovered it. The cap was crunched, but the rest
of it was new. Amazing what people toss.

Also, an old Cosco kitchen step stool with fold out step, probably from the
50's or 60's. I am going to strip it, and repaint, and it will sure look
nice in my kitchen.

Steve