Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_13_] Steve B[_13_] is offline

Default Gas Cans

"AZ" wrote in message
On Mon, 12 Nov 2012 18:54:30 -0500, gfretwell wrote:

They are bankrupt because they got sued into bankruptcy. Some moron was
pouring gasoline on a fire out of a 5 gallon can, it went up and he sued
Blitz.

Why should we then have to pay for that moron to become fabulously
wealthy, if a bit disfigured?

My BIL wanted to set a BIG pile of limbs on fire. Not sure WTF he was
thinking, but I would have used a half a newspaper, or half a roll of paper
towels, and some small branches and leaves. But no, genius BIL uses
gasoline. When he touched it off, he was standing in the middle of a vapor
cloud. You know the rest. Lucky puke didn't lose much face tissue, sorry
to say. But the rest of him sure got flash fried.

He at least had the pride and dignity not to sue. Believe he thought that
the suit would go nowhere. But there are ambulance chasers out there who
will file ANYTHING, knowing that they will be paid SOMETHING just to go
away, of which they get 33%.

We NEED to return to an era of common sense with these tort actions, but we
will not, now that we are a world of liberals, and producing new ones each
day. It's easier to live when it's always someone else's fault.

Steve