Doug Miller

Default Dangers of wood stove in shop without dust collection

In article , "Dave W" wrote:
On the other hand, wood stoves and wood shops have peacefully coexisted for
hundreds of years. Dust explosions in the air require incredibly high dust
concentrations. The dust levels are so high breathing would not be
possible. I had a stove in my shop for many years. A few simple rules: Do
not run the stove hard (hot) if you are not there watching it, Clean the
stack annually and follow code for installation.

Combustible material in the presence of flame is an obvious fire hazard.
Who said anything about explosion?

Dave
"Doug Miller" wrote in message
y.com...
In article , "js"

wrote:
Hey folks. I'm moving into my new house ( and shop) next week. I am a bit
concerned about the setup in my shop however. There is a woodstove for

heat,
and I do not have a dust collection setup. Am I looking at a fire hazard
here?

Yes. And you might be, even *with* a dust collection system, because of

fine
airborne dust that comes through the filters or is never collected in the
first place (dust collection systems are not 100% effective).

Best solution is to have the woodshop and the wood stove in different

rooms.

--
Regards,

For a copy of my TrollFilter for NewsProxy/Nfilter,
send email to autoresponder at filterinfo-at-milmac-dot-com