Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] dbonnell@gmail.com is offline

Default "Quick Release" plywood panel

On Tuesday, October 23, 2012 1:01:14 PM UTC-2:30, Harry K wrote:
On Tuesday, October 23, 2012 7:52:23 AM UTC-7, wrote:

Anyone have ideas on a faster method that would hold the panel securely in place? Hinges won't work because of clearance issues.

"Z" or "C" channel on one edge and bottom to set panel in and a screw to secure the opposite edge? There are other fasteners by the dozens for the free edge.

Quick update: Plywood panel is triangular. I got away with 3 low-profile bolts on the hypotenuse and installed C-channel for the other 2 sides to mate with (against ceiling and wall). Very secure, no problem for climbing. The only problem now is a slight warp in the plywood which can make inserting/removing a bit challenging.

I tried straightening the plywood but no success (even with heat/pressure). Guess I'll do some spot sanding to make things a bit smoother.