Posted to alt.home.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default Gas Cans

gregz wrote:
Bill Gill wrote:
On 11/11/2012 3:36 PM, Diamond wrote:

I can't believe the prices for gas-cans on Ebay
most of 5-gallon cans are up to$50.00 plus shipping
a piece of plastic to cost that much

They may be reflecting the fact that a major gas
can maker in NE Oklahoma just went out of business.
They were supposedly making a large percentage of
the gas cans in the US.

Bill

I was reading cans today. Kmart has Illinois made units. I bought one blue
water container, haha. I'm going to fill with kerosene. Walmart does not
have water or kerosene cans. I saw a yellow diesel can in kmart.

Greg

My blue kerosene can, which my supermarket gas station gave me for free one
day, because I needed water for my car. Customer appreciation write off.
They let me fill it with water. After putting kerosene in it, I found the o
ring broke in the cap. Now when I pour, it comes out the cap and nozzle.
Stuff all over the place, and the nozzles screwed up too. The blue water
container, will serve me and my hand pump well. Why are water cans also
blue?

Greg