Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K[_3_] Jim K[_3_] is offline

Default Woodburners & flues

On Nov 9, 9:15*am, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Big Les Wade
writes

I've got a couple of disused fireplaces I'm going to bring back into
use with woodburners. I'll need to fit stainless steel flues. Do all
flues & burners have a standard gauge or do I have to worry about
matching them up? I'll probably be going for quite small burners, about
3-4kW at most. Recommendations welcome.

The manufacturers site will tell you about flue sizing. Just as
important is insulation.

To meet the regulations you either need to involve building control or
use a Hetas registered installer.

to do a "legal" job you have to either pay a HETAS bod to do it for
you OR DIY & meet the regs & involve Bldg Ctrl..

Jim K