Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Compression fittings for 20mm MDPE

On Nov 7, 4:04*pm, fred wrote:
In article
,
harry writesOn Nov 7, 11:30*am, fred wrote:

The main issue was your contradictory and confusing statements, "22mm is
the nominal bore size" and "All 22mm pipe are the same OD", clearly
those 2 statements are mutually exclusive.

Why is that? Don't you understand the difference between bore and OD?

I'm afraid I misread your post, it wasn't contradictory, it was simply
wrong:

22mm is not the "nominal bore size" of the pipe as you stated, it is the
outside diameter.

The o/p will be using 20mm o/d MDPE pipe in a compression fitting
designed for 22mm o/d copper pipe and will need to use the 20-22mm olive
previously referred to by Andrew.

Let's hope that clears things up.

You really are a f***g half wit rambling on about topics you have zero
knowledge about.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pipe_(f...veyance)#Sizes

He will be using 15mm pipe. The 22mm fitting will be neccesary because
the MDPEpipe has a very thick wall diameter.