Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default For want of a screw (not that kind)

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Tue, 06 Nov 2012 20:04:14 -0500, Bill wrote:

I'm still shopping for a jigsaw. Leaning towards Milwaukee 6268-21
jigsaw. The newer Bosch JS470 did not get such good reviews. Bosch's
older model #1590evs got good reviews (and leftover inventory have had

The Bosch I tried really impressed me when I bought my first Impactor
years ago. I don't remember the model.

Well, it was surely better than some of the more recently released
models (JS365 and JS470). The Bosch 1590evs jigsaw, probably based upon
Lew's 1587, evidentally had a lot right with it. Of course, they
stopped making that one. I think it had pads similar to those that a
bandsaw does, to help keep the blade straight. And according to someone
in somewhat of a position to know, Bosch wanted to reduce the cost.

their prices increase 50%). Although, LarryJ doesn't trust the site
much, I use camelcamelcamel.com to follow prices. Though it would
probably yield the graph of a constant function for green tools.

I didn't like the app on my computer tracking everything I did, TYVM.

--
While we have the gift of life, it seems to me that only tragedy
is to allow part of us to die - whether it is our spirit, our