Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
David Lesher David Lesher is offline

Default FIOS doesn t work without AC?

I spoke to someone from Verizon this morning who said that
their plan is to start removing copper and transition everyone
over to fiber.

That's their wish, but they can not force. The copper is
regulated, the fiber is not. The Suits have been making noises
about "maximizing our investment" which means "coerce people
to giving up copper..." For example, I cannot upgrade my DSL
because FIO$ is available here.

How can the charger not be powerful enough. It has weeks or
months to charge the battery, however long it is between power
failures.

Bingo, why do you care if it takes a week to fully recharge a
75AH deep cycle battery....?

By the way, when they install fios they take away the copper
wire so you can never go back to it.

Unless you can make good threats...their legal basis is iffy.

I called about something and she started pushing me, over and
over, to get FIOS. I said I couldn't afford it but she said it
was cheaper.

Bingo. And FIO$ keeps going up in cost.
--
A host is a host from coast to