Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] missingchild@brainchampagne.com is offline

Default FIOS doesn t work without AC?

DSL requires power to the modem.

And yes, if I were the phone company and saw that some customers wanted copper and some houses had copper and others had fiber, is it that much more complicated to service one OR the other?

Especially given what we've just seen, how communications falls apart in less than a day in an emergency situation.

And when they sold my elderly parents on fios they told my mother her computer would be faster- she thought that meant it would boot faster, not that her email would be 0.000001 second quicker. They never mentioned that if her power goes out her phone service is gone in less than half a day. They don't even give the option to have a huge battery and bigger charger, not even at an extra upfront fee (what'd that be, a hundred bucks?)