Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
micky micky is offline

Default FIOS doesn t work without AC?

On Tue, 06 Nov 2012 12:39:13 -0500, George
wrote:

Wired phones run on batteries at the central station with generators
to keep the batteries charged, but what about FIOS phone and Fios
Internet?

You are talking about days of old. Less than 40% of the population has
wired phones and phone companies see the handwriting on the wall. Many
such as Verizon sold off a bunch of those systems (Verizon sold off 13
states) to companies that will run what remains on a shoestring budget.
Stuff that they do retain will never again see the TLC of old.

But what about FIOS. If there is a power failure at the exchange, do
they all have generators? Are there amps or something on phone poles
between the telephone exchange and my house that depend on a source of
power that's neither the exchange or my house?