Posted to rec.woodworking
MJ[_4_] MJ[_4_] is offline

Default For want of a screw (not that kind)

I want to thank everyone who responded, either to denigrate me for
"whining" or taking this post way off base or trying to be helpful.
It's been interesting.

To me the simplest thing would have DeWalt just tell me the thread/
size
of the damn screw. I sent a note off to their customer service and see
if they will respond. Their parts manual doesn't give any indication
what the size might be.

Many of my fellow local woodworkers suggest I just tap out the hole
and then put a more normal screw in. That might work in the end.

If I get a response from DeWalt, I'll let everyone know.

Many thanks,

MJ