Posted to uk.d-i-y
Man at B&Q Man at B&Q is offline

Default "I don't know" is not an answer

On Nov 5, 11:28*am, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:
On 5 Nov 2012 10:07:46 GMT, Huge wrote:

40 hrs a week is part time

+1

Yep, far to common in my sector for people to work 12 hr days 5, or
even 6, days/week.

I don't do that **** any more. I'm too old, cynical and bolshie ...

+1 at least the old and cynical bit. Bolshie in that I'm freelance so can
choose wether to work stupid hours or not. The staffers along side me
don't have that choice.

As Mr Plowman has said TV Production. I really don't understand why
regular programmes such as the Street, Emmerdale, East Enders etc have to
be produced based around a 60 hour week (120 hour fortnight). You don't
find widget makers working 60 hour weeks as a matter of course to keep up
with a steady and predictable widget demand. The company expands and
employs more widget makers...

Judging by all the outtake programs on TV, they need better trained
widget makers, not more.

MBQ