Posted to uk.d-i-y
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default "I don't know" is not an answer

"ARW" wrote in message
Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sun, 4 Nov 2012 18:11:37 -0000, ARW wrote:

The best excuse so far is "I am bidding for a cordless drill on
eBay to help me with work, the auction ends at 11 and I want to
make sure I win and I might have to increase my bid". At 10.45 I
gave him his phone and said "go ahead win the drill - BTW I am
going to watch the screen whilst you bid".

For some reason he then decided that he no longer wanted the drill
and he did not need his phone.

Have these yoofs never had their bluff called before or are they so
dumb that they can't remember?

Dumb IMHO.

They can also blatantly lie.

When some damage occured to the rear of one of the vans an electricican
got the blame. However I knew that it was an apprentice that had caused
the damage. He swore blind that it was not him when the electrician
confronted him - and what a mistake he made when he raised his first to
the electrician. One punch and the apprentice was out cold.

And the one that swore blind he had not been smoking in the van stuck to
his story until we gave him the fixed penalty charge for thowing the tab
end out of the van window.And guess what - if you pay it early it is half
price, if you do not pay it at all you get a summons. He decided to get a
summons and will be up in court soon.

It's still better than the decorators apprentice who went through a 14
year olds knicker drawer and then told her what he had done via facebook.

It's not all youngsters though. I took my late friends son with me on
Saturday to give me a hand. The owner of the house was so impressed with
him that he invited him back the next day to do some work for him. Every
so often you drop on a youngster that shines and you look after them.

--
Adam

The trouble is, it's so rare to find one that both shines, and *continues*
to shine. You try to treat them nice in the hope that they will appreciate
that they *are* being treated nice, but suddenly, they just turn round and
kick you in the teeth. We had a smashing young girl working for us. She was
great with the customers, always had a ready smile for everyone. She was
brilliant at her job, and had the very rare quality that when she needed to
step up the pace, she could. Great at multi-tasking too. A good all round
brilliant employee. We really looked after her. It's a family business, and
she was treated like one of the family. Then she started to take the ****,
texting in 10 minutes before she was supposed to start, claiming that she
had been sick all day, yada yada yada - all the usual crap. Trouble is, all
of them spend half of their day on Faceache or whatever it's called, and you
only had to read her 'status' to find out that she'd been out on the razz
all night and had only got to bed at 7 am. Doesn't take a genius to work out
that she's only just woken up, and now can't be bothered to come in.

We let it ride for a couple of times, but it got to the point where you just
couldn't trust that she was going to turn up, so eventually, she received
the grand order of the boot. My daughter who was about 11 months pregnant at
the time, had to go back to working every day.

The kid was actually sorely missed, and as it happened, a few weeks later,
she came crawling back, begging to have her job again. She was having a bit
of a hard time of it from what we could make out, having lost her digs, and
one or two other problems, so the missus took pity on her, and took her
back. She promised on her life that she would never let us down again, and
so it was for the next couple of months. The missus looked after her, and
found her somewhere else to live, and even got her another part time job
with the people that bought one of our cafes a year or so back, so she would
earn some extra money. They were delighted with her. Thought she was the
best employee that they had had. Then it all started again. She let them
down, she let us down, so she was fired again. You just can't help some
people, and it seems like the kids now are some of the worst for that.

Arfa