Posted to alt.home.repair

Default FIOS doesn t work without AC?

On 11/4/2012 4:15 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
"Baron" wrote in message
they needed to be to service copper lines. Finally, Verizon offered to
install FiOS for free. I found it interesting that they were charging at
the start of the changeover several years ago. I read recently that
Verizon's desire to change over more quickly has subsided since they are
not making as much money on FiOS as they planned.

I remember telephones were all the mechanical dial type. The touch tone
phones came out and it was extra for them. Even when you could install your
own phone they wanted extra for a touch tone line. They finally did away
with that. Not sure if the mechanical ones even work now on the lines.

You can try it if your phone has a switch labeled "Tone/Pulse". Switch
it to pulse and dial a phone number (your cell) and see if the call goes
through after it gets through with all the clicking. I sell and service
telecom systems so I know how it works. ^_^

TDD