Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default First smart thing out of NY

Steve B wrote:

wrote in message
On Sat, 3 Nov 2012 21:58:49 -0700, "Steve B" wrote:

wrote

Six Hydro districts up here are sending crews to New York this weekend
to get the lines back up, the trees off the lines, poles reset etc.

Guelph, Waterloo North, Kitchener Wilmot, and 3 others from the
surrounding area if my memory serves correctly.

Are they tight enough with the local elec unions that they will be allowed
to work?

Steve

They are, as far as I know, all IBEW members - and they've helped in
just about every other major power outage disaster , from New Orleans
on north.

What was the problem with the Alabama guys the other day?

Isn't just being from Alabama a big enough problem? ;-)

I know that I couldn't wait to leave there, even though I was supposed
to be on my way to Vietnam.