Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Woodburners and CO dectectors

S Viemeister wrote:
On 11/4/2012 2:57 PM, ARW wrote:
S Viemeister wrote:
On 11/4/2012 2:25 PM, ARW wrote:

All is now answered and the customer will be happy to pay a
little extra for the mains powered with battery backup
interlinked detector. The customer might still see his arse
when he see how much plaster fell from the wall when I chiseled
out for a double socket (ie most of the plaster on the wall
within 6 ft of the socket).
Eeek!

His "new" house has a big damp problem. Blown plaster everywhere
and some very odd extentions and additions. The garage is built on
top of what I believe is an air raid shelter.

So you did him a favour, removing all that old plaster...

Anyone removing the wallpaper would have done the same thing to the plaster.

The plaster is knackered and the wallpaper held it up.

--
Adam