Posted to uk.d-i-y
S Viemeister[_2_] S Viemeister[_2_] is offline

Default Woodburners and CO dectectors

On 11/4/2012 1:40 PM, Steve Firth wrote:
"ARW" wrote:
I have not had a lot to do with either but I seem to recall that instalation
of a CO detector is a building regs requirement when a woodburner is
installed.

Is it?

Since 1/10/2010 apparently.

The main reason for asking is I am 3/4 of the way through a rewire and if it
is a requirement then owner would prefer the CO detector to be part of the
interlinked smokes and heats I am fitting.

Not sure it can be. Apparently it has to be battery operated. Which sounds
stupid.

http://www.woodburnerwarehouse.co.uk...r_stoves.phtml

Not so stupid - woodburners are often used during power failures.