Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard[_9_] Richard[_9_] is offline

Default First smart thing out of NY

On 11/3/2012 8:42 PM, Why are people so cruel wrote:

"Steve B" wrote in message
They cancelled the marathon. Holy crap. What took them so long? Where
were all the thousands of people going to eat? Sleep? Buy gas and
essentials? To let it go so far was just a reflection of the state of
the governments. All of them. Imbeciles.

The death toll is yet to be set. There will be death in the gas lines.
In the looting. In the coming cold. It ain't over until it's over, and
that is a good way off at this pace. They could have already had 2800
houses lit up with the 7 generators they have at Central Park for the
Marathon.

Un Believable.

Steve

As a total outsider I just dont understand why it has to be this hard.
When the floods hit Brisbane, Australia in January 2010, there were
thousands of volunteers cleaning up and providing food and water all
doing it for free. We did nt wait for government to get the place cleaned
up, about the only government involvement was to provide trucks to
take away the debris. The volunteers were on the scene well before
the Army got its act together. Those who could not do the physical
work would walk around the streets making sure everyone had enough
water in the hot and humid weather.

It's new York.