Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Probable final solution

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 03 Nov 2012 15:17:39 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 11/3/2012 2:38 PM, Dave wrote:
On Sat, 03 Nov 2012 09:26:06 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...ream/lightbox/

If those dimensions are correct, I'd be terrified of someone brushing
against one of those wings as they were walking by and ripping a plane
from its foundations.

My preference would be to organize a strong enough mounting bracket
and mount the planes vertically or sideways higher up on a wall.

My guess is that anybody smart enough to be in the airplane business
knows how to protect one, even if it is just a model ... like maybe
having displays behind roped off areas, you reckon?

Almost a guarantee, eh?

Not in today's world. Besides, the people designing planes and the
people in charge of the displays are bound to be different. Mr. Murphy
is in charge of that little facet, isn't he?

Not necessarily your concern. Assuming/guessing who's in charge of what
notwithstanding, what is a fact is that when you design-to-build to
someone's very specific, and apparently in this case, commercial
specifications, your preference about how it is ultimately used don't
necessarily mean **** .... unfortunate or not.

--
www.ewoodshop.com (Mobile)