Posted to rec.woodworking
tiredofspam tiredofspam is offline

Default A picture is worth a thousand words

So here's my take on this
If you make it able to rotate, you might do more damage on the far wing,
or smaller plane if the larger plane swings into the smaller mount or plane.

But that is not my choice it's yours or your customer's.

I still think you would be better with a belly cradle (smallish) and use
the stud to secure it to the belly cradle. you might actually use a
piece of metal in the cradle to allow it to be tilted based on their
preference , so the metal plate is rounded (conforming to the bottom of
the cradle) and has an elongated slot across the cradle (not lengthwise)
allowing the model to be leaned at their preference. Tightening the nut
would tighten the position the model is locked at.

If you do decide to continue with the shaft and allow movement. Put an
arm on the shaft and limiters to prevent the model from being able to
swing if hit. Allow it to just remove the initial energy, but not damage
the other model or itself.

Wish I were good at sketchup. Wish I could draw... nice work you and
Swingy do w/Sketchup.

Now on to more important things.. Nice dog, but whats the cash of money
doing on the table....??? Are you bragging???

On 11/2/2012 6:15 PM, Leon wrote:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...ream/lightbox/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...ream/lightbox/