Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_13_] Frank[_13_] is offline

Default FIOS doesn t work without AC?

On 11/3/2012 12:14 AM, wrote:
I spoke to someone from Verizon this morning who said that their plan is to start removing copper and transition everyone over to fiber. Thus ensuring that in the event of a disaster nobody has phone service after a few hours. I asked about a bigger battery and was told that the charger they use isn't powerful enough for it.

They call this progress.

By the way, when they install fios they take away the copper wire so you can never go back to it.

Verizon put a fios line to my house to replace the copper wire. It
connects back to the land line box. There is a battery back up in the
fios line in the house. We had been having a lot of copper wire
problems and Verizon did this to solve the problem. We do not have
internet or TV with them.

I also have Comcast and got the triple play (internet, TV and phone) as
the cheapest package when I up graded to HD sets and DVR. The modem
where phone is connected has battery backup but the internet is not
backed up, only the Comcast phone.