Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Opinions

Spehro Pefhany wrote:

On Fri, 02 Nov 2012 22:18:31 -0400, the renowned "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Steve B wrote:

My whole case is that this is a circuit board. It had never been connected.
I do not know what the shelf life is for it. But it failed to operate first
thing out of the box. That would compare to me, at least, to be like any
tool that fails to perform on the first use no matter how long it sat on the
bench. Four years in a sealed box should be within the shelf life of the
item.

Not with lead free solder. Tin whiskers can grow a lot faster than
four years.

Takes a lot less than 4 years to spend $40 too, even in China.

Takes less than three minutes at the grocery store..