Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default "I don't know" is not an answer

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sat, 03 Nov 2012 00:01:13 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

People who put rubbish there are 99% to blame. But a lot of the street
rubbish could miss the streets entirely if more public bins were
installed.

+1

Quite - although IIRC bins were removed from many public places since
they are a good place to hide a bomb.

True enough but that could be mitigated by not making the bins of cast
iron or concrete that shatters into lots of shrapnel...

There was at least one design tested using some form of composite that
was strong enough to direct the explosive force of anything expected to
be used directly upwards, while remaining intact itself. I've heard no
more about it, so I assume it cost more to make than a plastic bag.

The video of the test (On Tomorrows World, IIRC) was quite impressive.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.