Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan alan is offline

Default "I don't know" is not an answer

On 01/11/2012 21:59, tony sayer wrote:

I have sometimes in the past thought it might be an idea to take someone
on, but from the more I hear of it I value my sanity too much;!...

Are these proper trainee/appretices or are they those who've been sent
to do "community service" or some other such punishment?..

In the company I work for trainee/appretices are usually quite good,
however, there is a fairly stringent vetting progress, first by Human
Resources* and then interviews with mid-managers who can still undertake
technical work.

*They changed their name from the Personnel Department some years ago in
the same way the canteen became a restaurant and the cook became a Chef.