Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_13_] Steve B[_13_] is offline

Default First smart thing out of NY

"Martin Eastburn" wrote in message
Just some of the issues the the fancy guys in the ivory towers overlooked:
1. the starting place - that island had yet to get any services and had no
water, gas, electricity and the mess was all over
the streets. 2. After leaving this forgotten island, they move to
the next worst place - both being on the north side of the storm with
the strongest winds.

I venture guess someone finally flew him in a helicopter over the route
to bring him to reality. Or got a film to him in the nick of time.

Unless you have been in such of mess - total mess it is - you have no
idea. I've lived a month on generators. A pacific storm. Two weeks
because of the massive Earthquake. Oh - for those who watched the
Baseball game - San Fran was in the world series and another disaster
occurred, this time on the East Coast.

Maybe Ivory tower guys got to see a video over their catered lunch.

Where is the help and the trailers for those who lost their homes and
were run out of their apartments with no place to go...

Sad times indeed.

Martin

I did see some sensible behavior in the video I watched at
http://video.msnbc.msn.com/nightly-n...67322#49667322

Trailers of food, water, and such. It is just almost criminal to me that
they have wasted time, chasing after the marathon, and some insisting it go
on, and now all that time was wasted, when it could have been applied to
people. Don't know if it was mayor or gov who said, people cry, people die,
life goes on, or something like that. And another that said NY'ers needed
something to cheer about. Mebbe, but I think they'd cheer more for some
warmth from their furnace, some warm food, and a warm dry place to sleep.

We'll see how it all shakes out. Brings out the best and worst in people.

Go home, scabs! NY'er union guys to Alabama electricians who drove up on
their own dollars to help.

God help them all.

Steve