Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Rusling Jim Rusling is offline

Default Lessons from Sandy

gregz wrote:

Jim Rusling wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote:

For $36.49, I'd buy two eaches $9.97 fluorescent lantern from Walmart, their
house brand "Ozark Trail". Use the rest of the money to buy Raoyvac D
batteries.

My experience with LED lanterns, the light pattern is really not very even.

How's yours? Are you pleased with it? Didn't mean to rain on your parade,
but my experiences are different.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

We have a couple of these
http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-CPX6-High-Tech-LED-Lantern/dp/B00339B0RW/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=NI53XQK6Q6TA &coliid=IXWA5I6JIGVBR

I also got the rechargeable batteries for them. The batteries are
sealed lead acid and they come with both a 120v and a 12v charger. You
can also use 4 D cells. The light seems to be very even to me.

I hate looking at lanterns. Especially bluish light ones.

Greg

The light from these seems to be white for me. I know what you mean
by blue LED lights.
--
Jim Rusling
More or Less Retired