Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics
Martin Riddle Martin Riddle is offline

Default Knuckle Buster Replacement

On Fri, 02 Nov 2012 11:46:59 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

On Fri, 02 Nov 2012 14:40:47 -0400, Martin Riddle
wrote:

On Thu, 01 Nov 2012 17:18:23 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

I have a single-action sheet metal punch, punches holes from 3/32" to
9/32". I think I got it at Harbor Freight.

Whilst adding some extra holes to the frame of this work-bench I am
building I royally busted up my knuckles.

Is there a multi-action device out there that has real pressure
multiplication?

...Jim Thompson

Maybe the punch is not made for the guage your punching?
http://www.mcmaster.com/#hole-forming-punches/=jzp4dt

Cheers

Maybe I just need longer handles :-}

Reminds me of how I "assisted" a Craftsman end wrench many years ago
by adding on a piece of pipe (*). Bent the wrench, but got the
head-bolt loose. Took it back to Sears... the clerk smirked and
handed me a new one :-)

(*) I know, I know, I now own a rather long and sturdy torque wrench
but, when you're 22, who can afford one?

...Jim Thompson

Reminds me of when I lent a 18", 1/2" breaker bar to a friend.
I got it back bent, He still couldnt get the spindle nut off his bug.
He used no extraleverage other than himself

He was a avid weightlifter.

Cheers