Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default Lessons from Sandy (store water)

On Nov 2, 11:47*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
gregz wrote:
Winston_Smith wrote:
On Wed, 31 Oct 2012 19:07:22 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Water containers are free. Most folks drink enough
juice and soda, that they can store a bunch of
water, over a period of time.

If you are doing long term storage, you have to clean them very, very
well. Even a small sugar residue can feed things you don't want in
your water.

Clean well, refill ever o often. I use kitty litter jugs, some at
least 5 gallon. I treated with chlorine after filling. Right next to
storage is 40 gallon hot water heater. More water. I could have
really used a medicine dropper, will get one.

Again: Do not drink the water from a water heater (unless sterilized). Use
such water for cleaning or sanitary purposes.

Or out of the WC (John)