Posted to rec.woodworking
chaniarts[_3_] chaniarts[_3_] is offline

Default New project - not much wood, but some

On 11/1/2012 8:31 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Thu, 1 Nov 2012 10:58:52 -0700 (PDT), Sonny
wrote:

On Tuesday, October 30, 2012 3:10:27 PM UTC-6, chaniarts wrote:
http://www.glassartists.org/Img12184...Sofa_Table.asp

That's a nice looking table. Good job.

I followed the other links and liked the unusual glass in concrete
structure thingie. And I wonder how he fooled the guy to dip his
hands into the molten glass in the "cooperating hands" piece.
I like the glass in steel courtyard gate a lot, too. Bravo, Charlie.

--
The great thing about getting older is that
you don't lose all the other ages you've been.

thanks. i did all the glass work, but have tried to incorporate
mixed-media in a lot of my work.

the glass/concrete piece was done with glow powder fused between 2
pieces of 3/4" glass. it faces west, so gets charged up and glows for hours.

the hand pieces were done with copper powder fused between 2 sheets of
1/4" glass.