Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_13_] Steve B[_13_] is offline

Default Opinions

I bought a tachometer from Northern Tools. It sat in a box for a few years,
and was never connected. I then connected it, and got nothing. I contacted
them, and they said that after a year, they would make no adjustment. If
the device did not work the first time out of the sealed box, I feel it was
defective, and they should replace defective goods. I have bought things
from them, and enough to the level that they send me a hard cover catalog.
What would you do, and what is your opinion of this situation.

I feel that the item was defective as it did not work out of a sealed
antistatic envelope, and they should either give me a credit, a replacement,
or a refund. It was about $40.

Steve