Posted to alt.home.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default Lessons from Sandy (store water)

Winston_Smith wrote:
On Wed, 31 Oct 2012 19:07:22 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Water containers are free. Most folks drink enough
juice and soda, that they can store a bunch of
water, over a period of time.

If you are doing long term storage, you have to clean them very, very
well. Even a small sugar residue can feed things you don't want in
your water.

Clean well, refill ever o often. I use kitty litter jugs, some at least 5
gallon. I treated with chlorine after filling. Right next to storage is 40
gallon hot water heater. More water. I could have really used a medicine
dropper, will get one.

Greg