Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival
terryc terryc is offline

Default Lessons from Sandy

On 02/11/12 07:58, wrote:
On Thu, 01 Nov 2012 16:32:15 +1100, terryc
wrote:

On 01/11/12 14:00,
wrote:

The new Honda Inverter series generators have an extremely clean
sine-wave output with very close frequency and voltage regulation -
with good fuel economy and quiet part throttle operation for low
loads.

Does anyone over there know anything about the Kipor copy cats?
Blue instead of red, but significantly cheaper than the $2K Honda sting
us for here.

If it's Chinese or Russian consider it a kit.

I understood they were Indian produced, but I can not besure as the
Chinese are also producing knock offs.

If it is Chinese produced, it really depends on the amount of quality
nspection that the distributing company is performing at te production
factory.

Plenty of people have purchased cheap chinese copies of various
generators and almost all are for one use, then chuck a match on top the
moment it cools down as the heat from the use has badly distorted
everything.