Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Grand Designs - Turf roof on larch box in Skye

In article ,
Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
Wasn't too sure at first, especially when I saw the forerunner shown
as some sort of example - didn't like that one at all.
As it turned out, the one in the programme was a delight, and the
occupants (and their neighbours) came across as non-pitas.
There's a similar (but smaller) larch box on the south coast near me
and it's a total blot on the landscape - looks like a packing case
toppled over. The Skye-house architect managed to avoid that
particular pitfall, I'm glad to say.

Was a good prog and nice to see something 'affordable', but I'd have liked
it to be less angular. All the hills round it were, err, rounded. The
ancient 'black' houses showed the way.

--
*Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.