Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lessons from Sandy LED jeep lights

Please see if you can get the link to open, it will be very descriptive:

http://www.kmart.com:80/northwest-te...lockType=G2 2

Takes threee D cells in the base, and has a reflector that pivots up and
down.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

wrote in message

Are you talking about headlights?

I absolutely HATE those Blue headlights they put on many cars these
days. But they are not LED, they are halogen or something else. They
are so blinding. Worse than most white ones. Even more annoying is
when someone is behind me with those blue headlights. More than once I
thought there was a cop behind me, and once I even pulled over, because
the idiot with his blue headlights must have had a loose bulb mounting
and the light appeared to be flashing. I thought for sure I was being
pulled over by a cop.

If I had anything to say about it, I'd ban those things today.

The old incandescent headlights were always satisfactory for me, and
they did not blind other drivers (unless they had their brights on).
Then came the halogen types, which were brighter, and at times blinded
other drivers. Now they have even brighter ones that can completely
blind other drivers. I thought that headlights were intended to
illuminate the road, not blind other drivers.

Several times on curvy two lane roads I've completely lost all view of
the road because some oncoming dickwad with blinding lights has blinded
me. All I can do is hit my brakes and hope for the best till the
dickwad is past me. And if they are behind me and close, I just pull on
the shoulder and let them pass.

I've sent complaints to the D.O.T several times now. Those overly
bright lights, especially the blue ones are a hazzard.