Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Lessons from Sandy

PeterD wrote:

In the blackout in the 1960s, us kids couldn't wait to do our homework by
candlelight. I remember working on a map of France.

I don't remember it lasting long enough to bother my homework. Where I
lived, the power going out wasn't that uncommon. The drill was to stick your
head out and see if the neighbors had any lights to make sure it wasn't a
personal problem. There weren't any lights in town so my father and I jumped
in the car and went out scouting. When we got to a place overlooking the
Hudson where you could see Albany, Troy, and all the little areas and it was
black we figured it was a pretty wide spread. Other than that, it was
business as usual.