Posted to rec.woodworking

Default eWoodShop - Mission Bar Stool - project start?

"Sonny" wrote:

If you'll be trick or treating in my neighborhood, I could unload some
white oak on you. I've never worked with WO and, 2 yrs ago, I
inherited quite a bit of it.... it's just stacked there waiting for
a/someone's project to come along. Your bar stools look like a neat
project.
Machine a piece of that white oak, especially quarter sawn,
then apply some boiled linseed oil cut with some turps.

You can also use mineral spirits, I just like the smell of turps.

Wait a couple of days before rubbing out.

Might surprize yourself.

Lew