Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller[_4_] Doug Miller[_4_] is offline

Default Loaning policy

"Lee Michaels" leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net wrote in news:50903685$0
:

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
. ..
"EXT" wrote in news:508fe3ed$0$29958
:

I only loan out tools to close friends whom I know how to use them
correctly
and safely. Currently there are very few that I will trust with my tools.

Depends on the tool, as well as on the friend. I have a few close friends
whom I would trust with
my life -- but not with a power saw.

It may be a cliché, but is totally true. Some people should never use power
tools!!

It must be a defective gene or something. Some people have this innate
drive to cut some part of their anatomy off. I personally never saw the
attraction to that kind of behavior. And many of them get upset when you
insist that the tool should be operated in a safe manner. Those kind of
folks not only never get to use any of my tools, but the are not allowed in
the shop. It is prudent for liability purposes. But also I don't want to
be a party of what could happen when this moron gets hold of a power tool.

Oh, it's not that, not with the folks I know -- it's just that some are simply very un-mechanical
people, who should never use any power cutting tool.