Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike M Mike M is offline

Default Loaning policy

On Tue, 30 Oct 2012 11:42:58 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 10/30/2012 10:50 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 10/30/12 8:55 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 10/29/2012 11:56 PM, Steve B wrote:

Opinions appreciated on loaning from your own experiences.

Take a look at the condition of their tools first ...

What tools?

If they don't have _any_ tools at all, then the answer is automatically,
emphatically, chromatically, acrobatically ... NO.

I'll loan out things like shovels, conduit benders, and things that
don't break easy or hurt people unless they're really a klutz. Any
power tool doesn't leave my house and the floor tools require
supervision so I won't get my ass sued off if something happens
because they aren't safe. If you have medical insurance these days
they are always looking for someone to stick with the cost.

Mike M