Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Dealing with cold callers

On 29/10/2012 15:12, Mark wrote:
On Mon, 29 Oct 2012 14:31:25 +0000, Roger
wrote:

On 29/10/2012 10:38, Mark wrote:

"If you can identify the entity" is the key here. On the few
occasions I've engaged the caller in conversation they have either
refused to tell me the company they work for or given me a fake name.

And if the company is actually based in India I doubt you could do
anything even if you could identify them.

But surely, they must be working on behalf of a British entity which
would provide whatever "service" they're promoting?

It is possible to provide a "service" to UK residents without the
company having an official presence in the UK.

Maybe, but I would have thought that most of the outfits offering to
claim PPI compensation etc. were British. No?
--
Cheers,
Roger