Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] brian@garagewoodworks.com is offline

Default Make a Bandsaw Tension Gauge

On Sunday, October 28, 2012 9:46:40 AM UTC-4, Swingman wrote:
wrote:

Make a DIY bandsaw tension gauge:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iAkRLvLAvI

Apparently, I have been applying way too little tension on my blades.

Now I have a much better idea of where I should be w/ tension.

(I was never a big fan of the pluck and listen for a tone technique.)

I inherited an expensive bandsaw tension gauge many years ago and realized

then that, at least on my bandsaw, the factory marks were way too low also.

Makes a big difference when using the proper tension, so a gauge is a must

if you want to get the best out of some of the older bandsaws, and this is

an affordable way to go about it.

Well done.

--

www.ewoodshop.com

Thank you Swing! I've been putting off making one for too long and regret not making it sooner.