Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default eWoodShop - Mission Bar Stool - project start?

If you'll be trick or treating in my neighborhood, I could unload some white oak on you. I've never worked with WO and, 2 yrs ago, I inherited quite a bit of it.... it's just stacked there waiting for a/someone's project to come along. Your bar stools look like a neat project.

Yesterday, I went out to the farm and started tearing down an old cypress house. Got the roof off. The roof rafters seems to have once been hand hewn beams, later sawn into rafters. The cross boards, for attaching the original wooden shingles, are split boards, rather than sawn. Unusual lumber and should make for some nice rustic pieces. Will go back out this morning to salvage more - ceiling joists, wall boards (1X stock) and hopefully flooring and floor joists. Tommorrow (Monday), the area will be dozed for expanding the rice fields, so we'll need to work fast, today.

On a sad note: The neighboring farmer, while harvesting his cotton, his cotton picker exploded (several explosions) and caught fire. Never like to see a neighbor have those kinds of accidents. Initial, I wasn't aware of the problem, a tree line was between us, so not sure if the driver was injured.

Sonny