Posted to rec.woodworking
Jim Weisgram[_2_] Jim Weisgram[_2_] is offline

Default Niggling drill bit issue

[...snip...]

No lathe. Each holder takes 6 candles. I'll make about 6 holders.
All but 1 will be gifted. I don't want giftees to have to
whittle candles. The router bit thing is, for me, an invitation
to disaster.

Thx,
Will

With a template and a bearing guided bit, it could be done accurately
and safely. On the template, drill a 1/2" hole and enlarge it with a
dowel wrapped with sandpaper, or whatever.

With the holder, drill the holes to 1/2" to remove almost all the
waste, place the template over the hole (with double stick tape, or
make a jig to fix the holder into place) and enlarge the hole with the
router.