Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03[_2_] DerbyDad03[_2_] is offline

Default Charging a portable battery pack

On 10/27/12 1:03 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 27 Oct 2012 11:36:24 -0400, DerbyDad03
wrote:

I have a portable battery pack that uses a 15V DC pod to charge it. That
pod is currently about 300 miles from where the battery pack is.

Can I use my car battery charger by hooking it up to the clamps on the
battery pack?

If so, I have these specs and these choices. Which should I use?

Battery Pack: 12V/15A

Charger Choices:
6 Amp, Fast Charge, Automotive/Light Truck
4 Amp, Medium Charge, Automotive
2 Amp, Trickle Charge, Lawn Tractor/Motorcycle/ATV

Thanks!

2 or 4 amp. I'm assuming by 15a you mean 15AH on the battery pack

I don't know what I mean.

I quote directly from the label on the MVP Model I-6550:

12V/15A

4 amps for 4 or 5 hours will give full charge - 2 amp will take about 10
hours for full charge.
Less if the battery pack is not fully discharged.

The manual for the charger I have states that it adjusts the charge as
the battery gets closer to fully charged and "switches to the maintain
mode automatically after the battery is charged."

Once the Charged light comes on, I'll know it's ready. Thanks!