Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Charging a portable battery pack

On Sat, 27 Oct 2012 16:32:09 +0000 (UTC), gregz
wrote:

DerbyDad03 wrote:
I have a portable battery pack that uses a 15V DC pod to charge it. That
pod is currently about 300 miles from where the battery pack is.

Can I use my car battery charger by hooking it up to the clamps on the battery pack?

If so, I have these specs and these choices. Which should I use?

Battery Pack: 12V/15A

Charger Choices:
6 Amp, Fast Charge, Automotive/Light Truck
4 Amp, Medium Charge, Automotive
2 Amp, Trickle Charge, Lawn Tractor/Motorcycle/ATV

Thanks!

Typically use 1/10 capacity for 10 hours. 1.5-2 amp charge. I don't know if
the charger just keeps putting out or shuts own.

Greg

GENERALLY they put out 2 amps maximum, and taper down as the voltage
comes up.. Some taper down enough to avoid boiling the battery
(usually referred to as float charge) while many simple "trickle
chargers" have no regulation at all.