Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default "Quick Release" plywood panel

wrote:
On Tuesday, October 23, 2012 1:01:14 PM UTC-2:30, Harry K wrote:
On Tuesday, October 23, 2012 7:52:23 AM UTC-7,
wrote:

"Z" or "C" channel on one edge and bottom to set panel in and a
screw to secure the opposite edge? There are other fasteners by the
dozens for the free edge.

Z/C channel might just work. Worst case it will eliminate 50% of the
fasteners. All I need to do is find some

Hurricane clips aren't appropriate for the application and a hinge
won't get it done because of clearance issues (panel can't swing out
far enough without hitting nearby obstacles).

One other item I neglected...the panel must support bodyweight (it's
part of a climbing wall). Fortunately the bottom edge of the panel
will be fully supported by underlying structure.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Use double ended bolts. Wood thread on one end, and machine screws on the other.
Use wing nuts or hex nuts on the surface, as needed. (closet bolts?)