Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Capacitive touch screen stylus

On Wed, 24 Oct 2012 14:47:52 +0100, Brian Gaff wrote:

Does this mean you cannot use touch screens while wearing gloves then?

Capacitive touch screens, yes. iThingies etc have capacitive touch
screens.

This prompted me to play with the touch screen on my Tab 2. The metal cap
of a propelling pencil is ignored. A 2" No 8 woodscrew works but only if
I'm holding it directly, insulate me from the screw with a bit of paper
and it doesn't.

I also have an iPAQ with pressure/resistive touch screen that'll work
with anything, finger, gloves, stylus. The iPAQ stylus won't operate the
Tab 2's touch screen.

As for the OP, presumably the Samsung Note range of tablets have a
capacitive touch screen. How about a spare stylus from one of them. Might
not like the price though at around £15.00 each.

Screen damage is probably more of an issue with a stylus, fingers are
very soft and very sensitive to bits of dirt.

--
Cheers
Dave.